JOIN OUR TEAM AS A “MAGICAL VACATION PLANNER” INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
Do you love going on Disney Vacations? Do your friends and family contact you for advice when they are planning a Disney Vacation? Do you have excellent computer skills? Are you hard working and self-motivated? Do you have a passion for helping other people create memories?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may have a spot for you at Magical Vacation Planner!
About our team at Magical Vacation Planner
Magical Vacation Planner is a store front agency that specializes in all things Disney: Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and Adventures by Disney. We take pride in being an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and a Disney Earmarked Agency. We work directly with the Disney Travel Company for the best deals and stay up to date on the everyday travel industry changes. With Magical Vacation Planner, you will have access to a support team that fully understands the Disney products. Our Independent Contractors are like family and our team will always be there to help answer any questions or concerns you may have about the industry. Magical Vacation Planner also represents Sandals & Beaches and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.
Do you have what it takes to be on “Team MVP”?
- Are you passionate about Disney Travel?
- Are you a professional, business minded, self-motivated person who will strive to provide personal, first class service to each of your clients just as you would expect for your own family vacation?
- Do you have access to a home office with a computer, high speed internet and a smart phone?
- Have you been on a minimum of 1 Disney Cruise and 4 Disney vacations in the past 5 years?
If so, you may be a perfect fit for Magical Vacation Planner! We are looking for experienced vacation planners, who are interested in helping our clients create magical vacations and memories.
Do your homework and be careful!
There are many companies out there that promise seemingly great opportunities and compensation to potential Independent Contractors. But if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Here are a few tips on what to look for in an agency:
- Is the agency CLIA and IATAN Certified? IATAN is the top standard for the industry. Make sure first and foremost that the agency you are considering is in good standing with these two companies.
- Does the agency offer coverage to you under their “Errors and Omissions” Insurance?
- How long has the company been an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? Look for a company that is in good standing with Disney.
- Does the company have a website/websites? If so, are they registered in the 5 states that require a Seller of Travel? If the agency does not carry these registrations, it is a red flag that they may not be experienced enough to know they need to register and offer certain consumer protections required by law for you and your clients.
- Is the agency a Trademarked company? This is very important because you will be selling travel under the company name.
- How long has the agency been in business?
- Are they Incorporated or LLC and registered in their home state? Pick an agency that has invested the time and resources in building the foundation of their company correctly.
- Get to know the agency owner. Ask current and past agents what their experience was like working with the agency and owner.
- Does the agency have a direct phone number and physical address where they can be reached? Avoid agencies that have generic phone numbers and PO Boxes.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
How do I become an Independent Contractor for Magical Vacation Planner?
- Fill in and submit the application below.
- If upon review of your application and Disney Travel Experience you seem to fit the criteria of what we look for in a Magical Vacation Planner, we’ll email you to ask for a resume and a high resolution photo of yourself. (Please note: A professional head shot may be required later if you are chosen to work with our team.)
What Organizations and Memberships does Magical Vacation Planner hold?
- Accredited Travel Agency with IATA and CLIA.
- Verified Seller of Travel in all states that require registrations.
- Licensed to sell travel insurance directly with Travel Guard
- Member of the Mitchell & Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce.
- Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
Is Magical Vacation Planner a Trademark Company?
- “Magical Vacation Planner” is registered under the United States of America Patent and Trademark Office. We own the rights to the phrase “Magical Vacation Planner” and the logo shown here. When you become an Independent Contractor with Magical Vacation Planner you will have access to this brand while you are in contract.
Application to Become an Independent Contractor with Magical Vacation Planner
Please do not submit the application if you have not been on 5 or more Disney vacations. Having sales experience is a plus but we are ultimately looking for people who are able to give personal, caring service to our clients. Please complete all information. Applications with missing information will not be considered. All information is kept strictly confidential.